Friday, October 31, 2008

New Slang

I've been hanging around lots of non American English speakers. I've noticed they use some really good adjectives when describing things. For example the I was at a football game last night, we ran into a couple of people from our hostel near our seats. At this point I would probably say "Hey thats pretty awesome." Instead, "Wow this is legendary."
  • Some other examples
  • Epic - as in , "You should have been boarding here yesterday, it was epic."
  • Wicked - as in, "The breaks down there are wicked."
Try them out sometime.

Thats about all the slang I've picked up so far. Pretty pathetic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good on ya.
How ya goin?
"You's"
"Mate"

tug

Nozah said...

I enjoy the use of "fully" as an adverb. like, "I'm fully tired as the glaciologist's snoring kept me up all night."

Kate said...

I love to throw down a "this is going to be legendary!!"

it shoudl be immediately followed by jaeggar bombs/tequila shots and/or general debauchery :)

you're blog continues to be my #1 fav. are you sure you wont consider your hand at writing?