Saturday, October 25, 2008

October

Not a lot to report here. Tuggle went to The Outback to work on a vineyard for 3 weeks. I haven't heard from him since he started working so I have no idea how it is.

I'm still trying to get set up here in Melbourne. The job market is pretty terrible since all the Ozzies came back from the UK when the markets crashed. Plus the Australian dollar is tanking against everything. But from what I hear Australia should recover faster than most other countries. They have almost no investment in the American credit crisis and most of their growth over the past 10 years has been selling resources and food to Asia. We'll see.

Also my friends Micah and Nikki are coming in one week, so I'm kind of in limbo waiting till they get here. Usually I go to the library, hang out at the beach, and just hang out with people at my hostel. Two nights ago I lead a chours of about 15 germans and some other random nationalities in Sweet Home Alabama, then Free Fallin, then Wonderwall. However I had to confess those are the only sing a long songs I know so I proceeded to play obscure Weezer and Nirvana songs.

Next Friday the Australian national football team (Ozzies rules football not soccer) is playing the Irish national gaelic football team in a combined rules football game. I'm going with a couple of Irish and Scotish people so I"m not sure who I should root for. My family obviously has some Irish blood, but I've never even been to Ireland and technically I live in Australia right now. Any advice?

Also the thing Paris, Tokyo, London, and Canberra have in common is they are all counry capitals.

1 comment:

Kate said...

i'm voting root for Australia! you're practically native now- and its always fun to have people cheering for both sides :)

lots of luck- miss ya.