Monday, December 8, 2008

10 minutes to downtown

So I've moved...again. I found out I'll be in Melbourne until May, so I got a place a little bit closer to the city.

There was this song I used to listen to by the Get Up Kids. The Chorus was:

Ten minutes to downtown

Is ten minutes too far

When my friends all say I’m crazy,

Maybe I’m being selfish.(Maybe I’m being selfish.

Maybe I’m just scared.(Maybe I’m just scared. )

Don’t be gone when I get home…I need you there.

If I had to explain itI wouldn’t know where to start.

It’s like you’re falling in love while I just fall apart.

I guess this is pretty stupid but I used to put this song on when I was going out to see my friends on the weekend. Its a great feeling, being done with work, knowing all your friends are going to meet up somewhere. Your heading into the city to meet them.

So I always had a 10 minutes to downtown place.




In Dallas it was Northwest Highway and 75.

In Osaka it was Kyobashi Station. Right after you exited the station before you went underground into the subway lines you could get a quick look at Osaka Castle.


But now, for the first time in my life. I'm actually living 10 minutes to downtown.


The view from my street.




1 comment:

Master Baron Von Tuckenstein the First Esquire said...

Sweet dude. Congrats on your rockin place. How are you feeling about Lane Kiffin being your new HC, or is college football the last thing on your mind these days?

Keep fighting the good fight.